Getting started with your client file shell
If your firm has lots of clients then creating a new client file can be tedious, which is why some firms opt for a bulk upload of new clients. This creates a shell for your client file with all the mandatory details and is ready for you to get started. This article takes you through the first steps as you enter your client file for the first time.
If you're interested in more information about how to create a bulk upload of clients, contact your Customer Success Manager or read about how to bulk upload client files.
1. Type the name of your client file into the search bar to find them and select your client.
2. A shell client file has no data, but we'll fix that!
You can make sure we've got the right details in the right places by selecting 'Edit Client' at the top right of the page.
Alternatively you can jump straight to adding a sync from your bookkeeping system by selecting the 'set up automatic sync' button below. If you do this, skip forward to Step 6.
3. Under the 'Edit Client' page, it's time to check the details are accurate and information has been input where required. As with most forms, the asterisks (*) indicates what fields are mandatory.
Below are some fields to pay special attention to:
- Client Template: This will determine any associated account and reconciliation templates (but don't worry, you can always come in to change this at a later date).
- Name/File Number: These are your references within SIlverfin
- Report by: This will allocate the workflow such as required reconciliations and templates. Note if your client requires more than one (such as monthly and yearly), select the more frequent.
- Type: Most client files are 'standard'. If in doubt, check with your admin user.
- Select Pulse Template: Pulse is your client-facing portal which you can activate to collaborate, communicate and share files with your clients.
4. On this page, we'll also set up your Data synchronisation. This will bring in data from the underlying bookkeeping system. To begin select the ( + ) button.
5. From here select the top button to commence creating an automatic sync.
6. Then navigate to 'Synchronisation type', select the bookkeeping system and follow the prompts. These will vary depending on what bookkeeping system you select, but if you get stuck simply contact your in-house Silverfin expert or get in touch with the Helpdesk and we'll happily guide you through.
7. Now you're ready to select your Transfer date from the drop-down, and hit 'save changes'.
Your first sync may take a while, but don't fret. It'll be much speedier after you're initial set-up :)
And just like that, you're ready to get down to business!