How can I change my financial year end?
It is sometimes the case that your client decides to change their financial year end. Don't worry, we can help you out with that.
This isn't something you are able to change yourself as we need to ensure that things in the background have been adjusted appropriately, so you will need to contact support for this. For a speedier process, please provide the following details:
- Client name
- Original period (i.e. the one you want to change)
- New period (i.e. what you want it to change to)
- Details of subsequent periods (i.e. the date range for the next period after the change)
I would please like to change the financial year end for ABC Ltd from 31 December 2018 to 28 February 2019 (14 month period)
- Original period: 01/01/2018 - 31/12/208
- Required/new period: 01/01/2018 - 28/02/2019 (14 months)
Subsequent period will continue as normal after that (01/03/2019 - 28/02/2020, 01/03/2020 - 28/02/2021 etc.)
Before you send this request, please make sure that the financial year in the underlying bookkeeping system reflects your request.