Mapping a file in Silverfin
When you set up a new client, you will see a screen like this...You won't be able to start using Silverfin for that client until you have completed the mapping!
Note- for a reminder on how to set up your mapping, please read this article
- If you need to leave the mapping page and want to continue mapping at a later stage, click 'Save & next page' otherwise your mapping will be lost;
- It may be useful opening the Silverfin chart of accounts on a separate screen when starting out with mapping, as this will give you an overview of the different account types that the Silverfin nominal codes fall into.
- To do this, go to the 'Templates' tab and scroll down to Mapping lists and you will find the Silverfin CoA file
- Note: Only admin users can access the 'Templates' tab so please ask your internal point of contact or your Silverfin CSM for assistance if you are unable to access this.
- You are able to go back and amend any mapping at a later stage. Here's how to do this:
Step 1: Click on the 'Accounts' tab in the relevant client overview page
Step 2: Click the 'Mapping' button on the top right
Step 3: Change the mapping as required!
If you're stuck whilst mapping and need some someone to point you in the right 'direction' please contact the support desk or your CSM!