How can I add a new user?
Only administrators can add new users
1. Click on 'Users’ at the top of the screen.
Then you will see a button which enables you to grant access to a new user.
2. Choice of language and role for the new user:
- Language: Dutch, French or English: this feature determines the language in which Silverfin is displayed to the user.
- Role: there are three types of role, linked to specific rights:
- Administrator: has access to all files (except the private files to which that administrator does not have access), settings, users’ page and templates. Only administrators can create new files and users.
- Staff: as standard, a staff user has access to all the files except private files.
- External: (client, auditor, banker) does not have access to any files at all as standard. You can grant them rights on the right-hand side of the screen as a customer (Pulse only) or as an employee (= complete access to the file as a staff user, including all periods, reports and internal communication).
- Send welcome mail: This option sends the user an email enabling them to set a new password themselves. If this option is deselected, the administrator receives a temporary password displayed on the confirmation screen, which can be passed on to the new user.
- Access to files: On the right-hand side, you can see which files the user can access. The standard settings will depend on the user’s role (see above).
Important! A new user has seven days to log in using the link in the welcome mail. If they do not do this on time, an administrator can resend the welcome mail by clicking on the button ‘Send Welcome Mail’ on this user’s screen.